The Oatmeal Cream Pie Day has finally arrived! I’m incredibly excited about these yummy treats.
After making the marshmallow puff last week, I’d talked these things up! So, when Bake Day finally arrived, I started to get nervous. No need for any of that!
A few things that you should know before getting started. These are not like store-bought oatmeal pies. They are sooooo much better but if you are craving all that plastic packaging then I’m sorry. The oatmeal cookies are chewy but not soft. Again, they will not be like the store-bought product. They are a little bit more firm in order to hold shape once packaged. After all, my kitchen is no factory and lunch boxes is a scary place!
Now, without further ado…
Scrumptious Oatmeal Cream Pies
Better than store bought!
- 1 stick of butter at room temperature
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1-1/4 cup flour
- 1-1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
For the filling:
- 1 stick butter at room temperature
- 1 cup (8 oz) marshmallow fluff
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Cream together the butter, brown sugar, egg, and vanilla in an electric mixer.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, oats, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- Add the dry ingredients to the mixing bowl and mix until just blended.
- Use a teaspoon to create 24 oatmeal balls and place on a lined baking sheet. Flatten into a more appropriate sandwich shape.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 8 minutes.
- Once your cookies are cool, cream together the butter and marshmallow.
- Slowly, add the powered sugar and vanilla. Blend until well combined.
- Use a spatula or butter knife to give a good shmearing of marshmallow filling to a cookie. Place another cookie on top to complete the sandwich. Enjoy!!
By the way, I think it took me more time to type up this post than it did to make the cookies! This is a super quick and easy recipe. Woo Hoo!!